Alite2020
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi........

2 posters

Go down

Hi........ Empty Hi........

Post by NoSleep Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:15 pm

I found Alite by searching to see if there was an Android version of Elite (I figured there would be a chance that something like this existed). I then found the original Alite and saw that nothing had been updated for three years. Then I went to the Oolite* forum  to see if there were any discussions about Alite and discovered the announcement about Alite2020.
I'm not going to mess with any OXPs for a while; just play some vanilla Alite and get the feel of the controls again (haven't played much of any version of Elite for a while now). But Elite is one of those games that I can never forget so I always come back to it. I've always thought of it as an RPG (after you grasped the mechanics of the game) but an RPG that is completely open-ended, unlike any other.

*I was the first ever alpha tester for Oolite and also the composer of the title music, which I did as a gift to Aegidian for launching Oolite.

NoSleep

Back to top Go down

Hi........ Empty Re: Hi........

Post by merkinth Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:28 am

Hi, I'm glad you're here, thank you! Nice that you found this place, and it’s good to hear you’re playing Alite again.
I hope many people will follow you!
I think, like me, a lot of us have plenty of ideas on how to develop Alite further, how to make it compatible with Oolite, but I’m too little for such a huge task.
So I would be happy for anyone to contribute.

merkinth

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSleep Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:05 pm

When I said "alpha tester" I meant I was playing the alpha versions of Oolite (when it was Mac only) and providing feedback to Aegidian. Just thought I'd clarify that; I've not even written a script for Oolite let alone done any coding, although I've always owned a computer since the early 80's.

I'll be spreading the word about Alite2020 whenever I see an opportunity. My good friend, jonnycuba (who was the 2nd alpha tester of Oolite) will probably make an appearance here soon, once he bins his iPhone for a brand new Fairphone.

I doubt that I will be making too many suggestions without considering their practicability. I remember hankering for Oolite to become a multiplayer game; not an MMO, but maybe a single system where players could Free For All or Team Deathmatch, kind of Quake In Space, but that's a whole other game in fact. So I'll be taking care to hold on my enthusiasm for making wild suggestions.

The one thing I think would help the game immensely is to make the installation a tad more straightforward (user-friendlyidiot-proof) so that Alite2020 could make its home in some appstores and pick up a following. I had to hunt you down.

NoSleep

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum